As I've been reading up on RA one of the things that is consistently stressed on every website and in every article I've read is the importance of support from family, and having family well informed on what is going on in my life will help me emotionally. I know you all have busy lives, but this disease has become such a huge part of my every day life I want to share with you what I'm going through, and I'm hoping it will really help me to know there are people I can talk to when I'm having a bad day or week.
I am in no way doing this to make anyone feel sorry for me, I just want to be treated normally and make people more aware what RA can do.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Glimpses, from Silas

Silas gave me permission to post this from and email he sent me,

"One of the hardest things for me has been not having anyone who understands my pain. I went to work one day in a lot of pain a couple of months ago and tried to make it through the day without moving too much. Someone however had put a flash drive in my computer and my boss asked me to take it out and toss it to him. I foolishly did so and once I tossed it the most excrutiating pain shot through my whole body. My boss just said, "What's wrong with you?"
There were and still are some days that I just don't feel like getting out of bed, but I do. It's tough, but it's mine. I can't just give it away. It's a trial that we have been blessed with to overcome. There are worse things in life than a having to deal with a lot of pain at times. I am greatful for the Atonement which will one day remove this burden from us. For that reason alone I am able to endure the pain and look forward to a happy future."

I agree with Bub, I'm so grateful for the atonement and the knowledge that we have the one day we will be freed of this trial. Thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge we have, it buoys me up daily.

1 comment:

Selissa said...

Our prayers are with you guys. I love you.